Theatregoers on New York’s Broadway can now get information about the show they are seeing and receive offers from local restaurants, bars and other venues via Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) beacons and the Playbill Passport app. The app has been developed by technology company Broadway Voice and Playbill magazine while the beacons have been supplied by Gimbal and are used in conjunction with Urban Airship’s mobile marketing platform.
- Sainsbury’s lets customers ‘just walk out’ of contactless store in London
- New South Wales to roll out ‘whole-of-government’ digital identity wallet in 2022
- Carrefour opens its first contactless store in Paris
- Westpac expands dynamic CVVs to Android phones
- UAE launches blockchain postage stamp with NFC authentication
This article is more than five years old