Commuters in the US city of Sacramento will be able to pay for transit tickets and display them on their mobile phones using a RideSacRT mobile app that will be launched this month by Sacramento Regional Transit and mobile payments specialist Passport. “Riders are able to pay for their transit fares directly in the app using their secure RT account,” Passport says. “Riders can then use their mobile ticket to board transit or store their ticket for later use.”
- Kenya to combine cashless payments with Covid contact tracing on Matatu minibuses
- Dubai adds Nol transit cards to Huawei NFC smartphones
- Paris to let Apple users add transit cards to iPhones?
- MTR rolls out QR code ticketing in Hong Kong
- Omny contactless fare payment system goes live across the whole of New York City
This article is more than five years old