Commuters in the US city of Sacramento will be able to pay for transit tickets and display them on their mobile phones using a RideSacRT mobile app that will be launched this month by Sacramento Regional Transit and mobile payments specialist Passport. “Riders are able to pay for their transit fares directly in the app using their secure RT account,” Passport says. “Riders can then use their mobile ticket to board transit or store their ticket for later use.”
- More than 700 UK railway stations to get contactless ticketing
- Nine in ten transit agencies plan to introduce new smart ticketing options to aid post-pandemic recovery
- Boise rolls out transit wallet, smartcard and mobile app for fare-capped contactless ticketing
- MTA to add fare capping to Omny contactless ticketing?
- Metro passengers get open loop contactless ticketing and fare capping in Sofia
This article is more than five years old