US transit operators San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency (SFMTA), the New Orleans Regional Transit Authority (NORTA) and the Chicago Transit Authority (CTA) have launched mobile ticketing services. SFMTA’s MuniMobile service uses QR codes and Norta is using Masabi‘s QR code-based JustRide platform. CTA’s service lets Metra bus passengers buy tickets using its Ventra app. CTA plans to add NFC to the app in the future.
- Juniper: Mobility-as-a-Service revenues to exceed $52bn by 2027
- LibertyBus stops accepting cash payments for tickets
- Metlink bans cash payments for transit tickets
- Helsinki Regional Transport begins contactless payments rollout
- MTA extends Omny payments to Manhattan buses