US transit operators San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency (SFMTA), the New Orleans Regional Transit Authority (NORTA) and the Chicago Transit Authority (CTA) have launched mobile ticketing services. SFMTA’s MuniMobile service uses QR codes and Norta is using Masabi‘s QR code-based JustRide platform. CTA’s service lets Metra bus passengers buy tickets using its Ventra app. CTA plans to add NFC to the app in the future.
- Chinese city rolls out face verification ticketing on bus and subway services
- STIB switches on contactless payments across Brussels
- Eurostar to let international train passengers use biometrics to replace physical tickets and passport checks
- MTA resumes Omny contactless ticketing installations
- Octopus lets Hong Kong commuters add their transit card to iPhone and Apple Watch
This article is more than four years old