Samsung Pay has launched in the US today after going live in Korea in August 2015, where it racked up a total 1.5m transactions in its first month. It launches with support from American Express, Bank of America, Citi, US Bank, MasterCard and Visa, with mobile network operators Sprint, US Cellular, AT&T and T-Mobile on board. Verizon Wireless has yet to announce its support.
- Card networks begin global Click to Pay rollout
- Apple Pay to add support for QR mobile payments in iOS 14?
- Orange Bank introduces mobile-first debit card in Spain
- US Bank lets companies instantly send a corporate card to employees’ mobile phones
- Nedbank to roll out support for contactless payments on standard NFC smartphones
This article is more than four years old