ID card provider HID Global has integrated its ActivID Tap Authentication solution with Microsoft’s Active Directory Federated Services (ADFS) to allow users of Microsoft Office 365 to access corporate cloud applications, data and services by tapping a smartcard against an NFC device. “It supports Microsoft Windows laptops and desktops, Android-based tablets and other mobile devices via NFC,” HID Global says.
- HID Global launches combo NFC and RFID tags for tracking returnable industrial containers
- NXP launches secure UWB chips for hands-free access control, payments and IoT
- University of New Mexico uses campus ID cards to combat spread of Covid-19
- Shinhan Card introduces iPhone case that lets owners use sounds to make contactless mobile payments
- Maryville University introduces NFC digital IDs
This article is more than five years old
Keep up to date: Get NFCW's headlines by email every Wednesday