Canadian commuters in the greater Portland-Vancouver area will soon be able to pay for their journeys using Apple Pay and other NFC mobile wallet services, contactless cards and the Hop electronic transit card system. Scheduled to be rolled out by TriMet before the end of 2017, it will be valid on C-TRAN buses, Portland Streetcar and all TriMet buses and trains.
- Octopus to let Hong Kong cardholders pay for transit fares in mainland China
- Dayton RTA adds physical cards to Tapp Pay mobile ticketing service
- San Francisco MTC lets passengers pay fares with Clipper on iPhone and Apple Watch
- Sydney integrates digital Opal card with rideshare services
- Delhi Metro lets passengers top up their transit cards at fare gates
This article is more than five years old