Canadian commuters in the greater Portland-Vancouver area will soon be able to pay for their journeys using Apple Pay and other NFC mobile wallet services, contactless cards and the Hop electronic transit card system. Scheduled to be rolled out by TriMet before the end of 2017, it will be valid on C-TRAN buses, Portland Streetcar and all TriMet buses and trains.
- Oyster card users get weekly fare capping on London’s Tube and rail network
- Dallas adds bank card and digital wallet payments to contactless transit ticketing system
- Moscow Metro to roll out biometric ticketing across entire network
- Forecast: Global digital ticketing transactions to top 33.8bn in 2023
- Shanghai to let residents use digital health code to pay public transport fares
This article is more than six years old