Canadian commuters in the greater Portland-Vancouver area will soon be able to pay for their journeys using Apple Pay and other NFC mobile wallet services, contactless cards and the Hop electronic transit card system. Scheduled to be rolled out by TriMet before the end of 2017, it will be valid on C-TRAN buses, Portland Streetcar and all TriMet buses and trains.
- Eurostar to let international train passengers use biometrics to replace physical tickets and passport checks
- MTA resumes Omny contactless ticketing installations
- Octopus lets Hong Kong commuters add their transit card to iPhone and Apple Watch
- Taipei light rail offers 50% discounts to mobile payment users
- Metrolinx to let iPhone users top up Presto transit cards via NFC
This article is more than four years old