Canadian commuters in the greater Portland-Vancouver area will soon be able to pay for their journeys using Apple Pay and other NFC mobile wallet services, contactless cards and the Hop electronic transit card system. Scheduled to be rolled out by TriMet before the end of 2017, it will be valid on C-TRAN buses, Portland Streetcar and all TriMet buses and trains.
- Bangalore buses to go cashless post-lockdown
- Costa Rica to introduce national NFC and QR transit ticketing system
- NJ Transit pilots contactless ticket vending machines
- MBTA redesigns its new ticketing system ‘to adapt to future needs’
- Juniper: Mobility-as-a-Service revenues to exceed $52bn by 2027
This article is more than four years old