A new Google patent details a system to allow the pairing of items such as keys or a wallet with a mobile device to alert a person when they are about to leave the house without one of the items. “The monitoring device monitors the presence of items in its vicinity using a short-range wireless communication or sensing technology such as NFC, Bluetooth, RuBee, RFID or any other method of wireless communication or sensing,” the patent says.
- Chinese bike hire service to let customers use an NFC digital currency wallet to pay for their ride
- French government to let citizens scan NFC eID cards to access secure online services
- ST white paper explains how brands can use NFC to add value to their products
- Apple to roll out digital driving licences and IDs in eight US states
- Prada to leverage NFC to authenticate fashion products
This article is more than six years old