A new Google patent details a system to allow the pairing of items such as keys or a wallet with a mobile device to alert a person when they are about to leave the house without one of the items. “The monitoring device monitors the presence of items in its vicinity using a short-range wireless communication or sensing technology such as NFC, Bluetooth, RuBee, RFID or any other method of wireless communication or sensing,” the patent says.
- Penn State researchers develop NFC sensors that can be printed directly onto human skin
- USI to add NFC to active styluses
- Survey: 4 in 10 US consumers open to receiving offers via NFC, QR and SMS
- Huawei integrates digital yuan hardware wallets into Mate 40 NFC smartphone
- American Airlines pilots mobile digital identity system
This article is more than five years old