Visitors to this year’s Cannes Lions event will be notified when one of their LinkedIn contacts is nearby or when they have signed up for the same sessions as a favourite via beacons installed by Eventbase. “When attendees from the same LinkedIn network are in the vicinity, icebreaker messages will prompt you to instigate conversations with delegates with similar interests,” Eventbase says.
- Russia launches public consultation on digital ruble
- India bans mobile payment providers from launching new proprietary QR codes
- Visa: Consumers have made an extra 500m touch-free payments in Europe since contactless limits were increased
- Transport for NSW to trial digital Opal card with 10,000 commuters
- Walgreens lets customers pay with points at the POS
This article is more than five years old
Keep up to date: Get NFCW's headlines by email every Wednesday