Mobile payment solution SEQR, developed by Swedish m-commerce software firm Seamless, is to launch in the US, making it the eleventh country where the system is available. Allowing consumers to make payments, transfer money, connect loyalty programs and redeem offers through digital coupons, it is also in operation in Sweden, Finland, Romania, Belgium, Portugal, Netherlands, Germany, Spain, France and Italy.
- Google promotes mobile payments in the US with $30 Spring Challenge
- Forecast: 1.4bn consumers will be using face recognition to authenticate payments by 2025
- Patent shows how Apple Pay could automatically select a card based on the user’s location
- Visa reports 1bn extra contactless transactions in Europe since payment limit rises
- More than 100m Americans to make an in-store mobile payment in 2021
This article is more than five years old