US grocery chain Whole Foods Market will be among the first companies to add their loyalty cards to Apple Pay later this year, alongside iOS 9 and the Passbook app to be renamed ‘Wallet’. Verifone said it would be first to support loyalty cards through its NFC terminals, with 9to5Mac saying those companies will include Dunkin’ Donuts, JCPenney, Kohl’s, Panera, Wegmans and Whole Foods.
- Fidesmo opens NFCW Expo showcase
- PBOC to launch third digital yuan trial in Shenzhen
- Global digital wallet spending to top $10tn in 2025
- Nine in ten UK in-store card payments are now contactless
- EU to debut digital euro project this year?
This article is more than five years old