US grocery chain Whole Foods Market will be among the first companies to add their loyalty cards to Apple Pay later this year, alongside iOS 9 and the Passbook app to be renamed ‘Wallet’. Verifone said it would be first to support loyalty cards through its NFC terminals, with 9to5Mac saying those companies will include Dunkin’ Donuts, JCPenney, Kohl’s, Panera, Wegmans and Whole Foods.
- Sweden begins central bank digital currency pilot
- Domino’s lets online buyers skip the pickup line
- Shell and Dunkin’ link loyalty programmes to offer customers shared rewards
- M&S rolls out mobile self-checkout across London
- Apple lets retailers accept augmented reality payments