US grocery chain Whole Foods Market will be among the first companies to add their loyalty cards to Apple Pay later this year, alongside iOS 9 and the Passbook app to be renamed ‘Wallet’. Verifone said it would be first to support loyalty cards through its NFC terminals, with 9to5Mac saying those companies will include Dunkin’ Donuts, JCPenney, Kohl’s, Panera, Wegmans and Whole Foods.
- Apple Pay users in the US to get buy now pay later option with iOS 16
- BIS reports on CBDCs in emerging markets
- Moroccan bank launches biometric payment card
- US digital bank introduces contactless payments rings
- Riksbank completes digital currency payments pilot