Russia’s Gazprombank and MasterCard are piloting NFC mobile and contactless card payments for transit fares using PayPass terminals across the K-39 bus route in St Petersburg. “Residents and guests will be able to quickly, easily and securely pay for their fare by bank cards and others devices; mobile phones, watches, key chains, stickers etc,” MasterCard says.
- Denver adds support for Transit in-app ticketing
- Guangzhou Metro pilots facial recognition at ticket barriers
- Ankara adds NFC transit ticketing on buses, subways and local trains
- JR East introduces loyalty points for transit ticketing payments
- Detroit rolls out multi-operator transit ticketing app