ID card provider HID Global will use its Seos technology platform, which supports both NFC and BLE functionality, to let citizens carry government IDs on smartphones and other mobile devices. “The new offering builds on HID Global’s leadership in secure mobile ID provisioning and the management platforms already deployed in other arenas such as education and hospitality,” the company says.
- Shell lets motorists make hands-free contactless fuel payments at the pump with RFID
- US Department of Agriculture to trial NFC and QR mobile payments for contactless state benefits
- Samsung includes NFC, UWB and MST contactless technologies in foldable phones and wearables
- Apple Pay expands to Malaysia
- German football club trials NFC scarves that let fans access the stadium and receive special offers
This article is more than seven years old