US discount retail giant Target has become the latest member of retailer-led consortium MCX to reveal its intentions to support Apple Pay, following Best Buy’s announcement that it will roll out support for the NFC mobile payments service this year. “Target CEO Brian Cornell on Wednesday said his company wants to integrate Apple Pay across its retail chain, but must first install POS technology with chip-and-pin or chip-and-signature technology,” Apple Insider reports. MCX requires members to exclusively support its own yet-to-launch CurrentC mobile payments service.
- UK Treasury and Bank of England launch CBDC taskforce to explore digital currency options
- Opera chooses Antelop to enable NFC digital card payments for Dify users
- Stats show regional variations in UK adoption of contactless and mobile payments during pandemic
- UK retailers explore facial analysis technology for customer age verification
- ECB survey reveals Europeans expect digital euro to be private, secure and easy to use
This article is more than five years old