US discount retail giant Target has become the latest member of retailer-led consortium MCX to reveal its intentions to support Apple Pay, following Best Buy’s announcement that it will roll out support for the NFC mobile payments service this year. “Target CEO Brian Cornell on Wednesday said his company wants to integrate Apple Pay across its retail chain, but must first install POS technology with chip-and-pin or chip-and-signature technology,” Apple Insider reports. MCX requires members to exclusively support its own yet-to-launch CurrentC mobile payments service.
- Digital greeting cards giant Evite adds contactless gifting
- UBS launches sustainable credit card made from corn
- OP Financial to pilot biometric payment card in Finland
- Stocard rolls out mobile payments service in four more European countries
- Nordic countries record surge in contactless payments during pandemic
This article is more than five years old