Facebook is to roll out its mobile payments service to New York City and surrounding metro areas and will add additional functionality to make it “easier to send and receive money”, an email sent out by the social network and seen by VentureBeat reveals. The service was first unveiled in March as a way for users to send and receive money for free through the Messenger app. New features include hyperlinked dollar amounts and the possibility to send payments to a single person when part of a group conversation.
- Chinese banks launch mobile wallets that let customers transact in digital yuan
- Mastercard unveils enhanced contactless payment specifications
- BNP Paribas to offer biometric payment cards to premier card customers
- BIS to build proof of concept platform for cross-border CBDC payments
- Fidesmo opens NFCW Expo showcase
This article is more than five years old