Residents of Shanghai and Beijing can now ride the metro and pay for tickets with their China Telecom NFC smartphones. The carrier, which has 183m subscribers, is using Gemalto’s UpTeq multi-tenant NFC SIMs to deploy its secure NFC services.
- Public transport users in the Philippines get NFC top-up for contactless fare payment cards
- Moscow ticketing app begins nationwide rollout
- Mumbai lets passengers link digital health pass to mobile bus tickets
- Washington Metro offers passengers free bike rides for switching to mobile SmarTrip card
- Korean researchers develop gate-free contactless smart ticketing solution
This article is more than six years old