Gemalto is among the suppliers selected by China Telecom to supply SIMs to support the rollout of NFC services to its 183 million subscribers. The carrier will be using Gemalto’s UpTeq Multi-Tenant NFC SIMs which come with embedded LTE management software, “enabling China Telecom subscribers to enjoy NFC services with the convenience and speed of mobile broadband”.
- UBS leverages NFC and biometrics to let Swiss residents open a bank account from their mobile phone
- Apply now to speak at NFCW’s Contactless Payments Summit
- Cilab’s ci230 selected by Dekra for NFC wireless charging certification
- Octopus lets iPhone users personalise their digital transit card
- Increasing adoption of NFC, QR codes and biometrics drives growth across cardless ATM market
This article is more than eight years old