Gemalto is among the suppliers selected by China Telecom to supply SIMs to support the rollout of NFC services to its 183 million subscribers. The carrier will be using Gemalto’s UpTeq Multi-Tenant NFC SIMs which come with embedded LTE management software, “enabling China Telecom subscribers to enjoy NFC services with the convenience and speed of mobile broadband”.
- Bank of America adds face recognition to mobile banking app
- GlobalPlatform reports secure element shipment numbers
- Google details its plan to offer free US bank accounts via Google Pay
- Germany passes law forcing Apple to open up Apple Pay
- Golden Goose adds NFC tags to limited edition sneakers