The Massachusetts Department of Transportation (MassDOT) has begun a pilot test of BusPlus, a mobile ticketing service developed by Bytemark that provides customers of intercity private bus operators the ability to purchase and store transit passes on their mobile devices. “To use passes, riders simply show their smartphone screen to bus operators or scan the on-screen barcode upon boarding,” MassDot explains.
- Kazakhstan to roll out face recognition transit ticketing in 2021
- Metro de Sevilla introduces tap-and-go ticketing payments
- Ann Arbor transit authority joins regional mobile ticketing service
- Pasmo adds support for Apple Pay Express Transit in Japan
- Renfe to roll out contactless ticketing across Spain’s suburban rail network
This article is more than five years old
Keep up to date: Get NFCW's headlines by email every Wednesday