The Massachusetts Department of Transportation (MassDOT) has begun a pilot test of BusPlus, a mobile ticketing service developed by Bytemark that provides customers of intercity private bus operators the ability to purchase and store transit passes on their mobile devices. “To use passes, riders simply show their smartphone screen to bus operators or scan the on-screen barcode upon boarding,” MassDot explains.
- Cleveland transit authority joins regional mobile ticketing service
- Cannes rolls out open loop contactless bus ticketing
- Uber to integrate train, coach and plane tickets into UK app
- Qatar to roll out contactless fare payments across metro, bus, tram and taxi services
- MBTA to add open loop contactless ticketing and digital transit card
This article is more than seven years old