The Massachusetts Department of Transportation (MassDOT) has begun a pilot test of BusPlus, a mobile ticketing service developed by Bytemark that provides customers of intercity private bus operators the ability to purchase and store transit passes on their mobile devices. “To use passes, riders simply show their smartphone screen to bus operators or scan the on-screen barcode upon boarding,” MassDot explains.
- Oyster card users get weekly fare capping on London’s Tube and rail network
- Dallas adds bank card and digital wallet payments to contactless transit ticketing system
- Moscow Metro to roll out biometric ticketing across entire network
- Forecast: Global digital ticketing transactions to top 33.8bn in 2023
- Shanghai to let residents use digital health code to pay public transport fares
This article is more than six years old