Strex, the mobile payments joint venture between Norwegian carriers Telenor, TeliaSonera and Tele2, has selected software and services provider Amdocs’ Mobile Financial Services solution to “consolidate the operators’ multiple SMS-based payment systems into one” mobile wallet. Strex will now be able to offer users a single solution to pay for digital and physical goods or services, send money and pay bills using “either SMS, web, USSD or via a mobile app,” Amdocs says.
- Samsung cuts US support for MST transactions on new Galaxy phones
- Fiat Chrysler to let drivers order and pay for Grubhub food deliveries from their cars
- Agricultural Bank of China pilots central bank digital currency ATMs
- Mastercard pilots cloud POS solution for contactless payments acceptance on NFC smartphones
- Juniper forecasts 2.2bn QR code payment users by 2025
This article is more than five years old