Over a quarter (25.8%) of the world’s online transactions now take place on a mobile device, up from 23.3% in the third quarter of 2014 and 37% up on the 18.8% recorded in the fourth quarter of 2013, Adyen’s quarterly Mobile Payments Index has revealed. “December showed the highest proportion of mobile payments at 26.6%, followed closely by November at 26.1%,” the study found.
- Nine in ten UK in-store card payments are now contactless
- EU to debut digital euro project this year?
- One in three Indian households now use digital payments
- China unveils plan to build a global payment network based on central bank digital currencies
- BBC Click showcases Tappy’s wearable contactless payments technology
This article is more than five years old