Music recognition app Shazam has partnered with Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) specialist Gimbal to add support for Bluetooth beacons to its platform. The move “represents a further evolution in the way consumers are looking to Shazam to magically connect them with the world around them”, Shazam says, and will “expand opportunities for brands, advertisers and media owners to offer a more personalised experience” to its more than 100 million monthly active users.
- TreeCard launches wooden contactless debit card
- Estonian fuel station installs self-service payments system that replaces need for physical card readers
- Maryville University introduces NFC digital IDs
- Canadian retailer vends ready-made meals from contactless kiosks
- JCB, Mizuho Bank and Fujitsu to test blockchain-based identity exchange technology for securing transactions
This article is more than five years old