Starbucks is to use Bluetooth beacon technology in the first of its new Starbucks Reserve Roastery and Tasting Room locations in the Capitol Hill neighbourhood of Seattle in the coming year. The coffee chain will use the platform to distribute information about freshly brewed coffee to customers’ smartphones.
- Shenzhen residents spend nearly 9m digital yuan during CBDC pilot
- Six in ten US merchants now accept contactless payments
- Kazakhstan to roll out face recognition transit ticketing in 2021
- Pizza maker teams up with delivery service to let robots make and deliver orders to the door
- University of New Mexico uses campus ID cards to combat spread of Covid-19
This article is more than five years old
Keep up to date: Get NFCW's headlines by email every Wednesday