Starbucks is to use Bluetooth beacon technology in the first of its new Starbucks Reserve Roastery and Tasting Room locations in the Capitol Hill neighbourhood of Seattle in the coming year. The coffee chain will use the platform to distribute information about freshly brewed coffee to customers’ smartphones.
- China to let visiting athletes and spectators use digital yuan at Beijing Winter Olympics
- Chinese researchers create highly flexible NFC circuits using transparent film based on calligraphy paper
- Greece to roll out digital ID cards and driving licences
- SK uses NFC to guide CES visitors to a green future
- Brazilian football club Atlético Mineiro lets fans authenticate special edition jerseys with NFC
This article is more than seven years old