The Bluetooth-based mobile keyless entry solution unveiled by Starwood Hotels and Resorts Worldwide earlier this month is now live in 10 hotels in Beijing, Hong Kong, New York, Los Angeles and Doha and will be rolling out to Aloft, Element and W Hotels across the globe. Starwood plans to rollout the SPG Keyless service to 30,000 doors in 150 hotels by early 2015.
- Kazakhstan pilots face recognition bus ticketing
- Queensland tests express ticketing gates for open loop contactless ticketing project
- Moscow Metro adds support for China UnionPay open loop cards
- Google expands support for transit cards on NFC mobile phones
- Brits now use smart cards and mobile phones for half their rail journeys