Paris area transport authority RATP has begun installing NFC tags at bus and tram stops in the Ile-de-France region to deliver real-time information and route maps to passengers’ smartphones. Developed in partnership with RATP subsidiary Ixxi, the service is due to be rolled out to 13,000 locations in the first quarter of 2015 and is also available via SMS and QR code for those without an NFC device.
- Apple seeks NFC digital identity patent
- Long Island University rolls out NFC digital ID cards for students and staff
- Utah to pilot NFC and QR code-enabled mobile driving licences
- Turkey mandates use of NFC identity checks for remote bank account opening
- Ypsomed leverages NFC to enable remote monitoring of insulin delivery compliance
This article is more than six years old