Paris area transport authority RATP has begun installing NFC tags at bus and tram stops in the Ile-de-France region to deliver real-time information and route maps to passengers’ smartphones. Developed in partnership with RATP subsidiary Ixxi, the service is due to be rolled out to 13,000 locations in the first quarter of 2015 and is also available via SMS and QR code for those without an NFC device.
- NFC tag supplier ShopNFC opens NFCW Expo showcase
- Klang2 launches music memory game with NFC
- Marshall University transitions to mobile-only NFC ID cards for staff and students
- Thailand tests NFC wristbands for tracking Covid-19 patients and at-risk groups
- HID Global opens NFCW Expo showcase
This article is more than five years old