Semble, the NFC payments joint venture between New Zealand’s carriers and the Paymark payments network, has begun testing its NFC mobile payment solution with 250 of the company’s shareholders and stakeholders in Auckland and Wellington. “The piloteers will test and experience the full Semble journey; downloading the app from Google Play, populating their wallets with live versions of their ASB and BNZ credit and debit cards and then making payments,” Semble explains. The pilot is expected to run until early 2015.
- EU to report on its investigation into Apple Pay next week?
- NFC testing innovator Cilab opens NFCW Expo showcase
- STMicroelectronics opens NFCW Expo showcase
- Apple rolls out iOS 14 with support for NFC app clips
- GlobalPlatform releases secure customer authentication specification
This article is more than five years old