There will be 604m users of wearable biometric technology globally by 2019, a new report from Goode Intelligence forecasts. “The next wave of consumer-led biometric adoption will be led by the integration into wearable technology — smartwatches, bands, earpods, jewellery and glasses,” the company says.
- Mercedes goes live with in-vehicle biometric payments in Germany
- European Payments Initiative to launch pan-European digital wallet under Wero brand name
- Alaska Airlines leverages NFC to let passengers create a digital passport they can store on their smartphone
- Hyundai to launch contactless in-vehicle payments
- Czech Republic to roll out digital IDs compatible with EU Digital Identity Wallet