Ireland’s National Transport Authority has awarded a contract to transit specialist Vix to enable Leap prepaid card users to top up their balance via NFC. The service will go live “over the coming year” and will let cardholders “use a special, free smartphone app to top-up their Leap Cards immediately (from their credit or debit cards) via the smartphone app, just by holding the card and the phone close to each other.”
- Kenya to combine cashless payments with Covid contact tracing on Matatu minibuses
- Dubai adds Nol transit cards to Huawei NFC smartphones
- Paris to let Apple users add transit cards to iPhones?
- MTR rolls out QR code ticketing in Hong Kong
- Omny contactless fare payment system goes live across the whole of New York City
This article is more than six years old