Instant messaging service Line has announced plans to offer mobile payments to users in Japan from later this year. Line Pay will support mobile payments in stores and online as well as splitting bills between friends. Transactions will be protected by a password and the service will make use of Touch ID to secure transactions made by iOS users.
- Crédit Agricole du Languedoc pilots Dejamobile software POS solution
- Amazon opens its first cashierless store outside US in London
- UK to more than double contactless spending limit to £100
- Fidesmo Pay expands to Switzerland
- Mobile wallet transaction volumes overtake cash payments in stores
This article is more than six years old