Microsoft has published a guide to developing UICC-based card emulation apps for WP8.1 devices. “In Windows Phone 8.1, it’s faster and easier than ever to create a card-emulation app; you just use the Windows Phone SDK and a regular developer account,” Microsoft says. “You don’t need special privileges to give your app the basic emulation functionality” but “you do have to partner with a mobile operator to launch your app”.
- Apple rolls out support for Covid-19 vaccination cards in Wallet
- Skånetrafiken enables Apple Pay Express Mode for contactless bus ticketing in southern Sweden
- Mercedes-Benz and BP pilot in-truck fuel payments in the UK
- Metrolinx adds support for debit card payments to contactless ticketing pilot in Toronto
- Credit Libanais to trial biometric payment cards
This article is more than seven years old