The NFC chip in Amazon’s new Fire phone is NXP’s 47803, an NFC controller and embedded secure element package based on the chipmaker’s PN547 controller, a teardown by iFixit of the online retail giant’s first smartphone has revealed.
- Wearable payments specialist Tappy opens NFCW Expo showcase
- Juniper forecasts ‘permanent shift’ to contactless ticketing
- Canada begins testing national digital ID framework
- UK charities leverage open banking to cut donation transaction costs
- The NFCW Expo is now open
This article is more than six years old