The NFC chip in Amazon’s new Fire phone is NXP’s 47803, an NFC controller and embedded secure element package based on the chipmaker’s PN547 controller, a teardown by iFixit of the online retail giant’s first smartphone has revealed.
- Consumers to get option to personalise their digital payment cards
- More than 90% of consumers worldwide will consider using digital payments in the next year, Mastercard predicts
- European banks invest €30m in EU rival to Visa and Mastercard
- Mastercard in talks with PBOC over support for cross-border digital yuan transactions
- Facebook relaunches WhatsApp peer to peer payments in Brazil
This article is more than six years old