The NFC chip in Amazon’s new Fire phone is NXP’s 47803, an NFC controller and embedded secure element package based on the chipmaker’s PN547 controller, a teardown by iFixit of the online retail giant’s first smartphone has revealed.
- National QR payments system goes live at Subway stores in Australia
- Apple staff test Tap to Pay contactless payment acceptance feature for iPhone
- Mastercard to let consumers make card-free biometric payments in store with their face or palm
- US ice hockey team Nashville Predators lets fans authenticate limited edition jerseys with NFC
- Cleveland transit authority joins regional mobile ticketing service
This article is more than seven years old