The NFC chip in Amazon’s new Fire phone is NXP’s 47803, an NFC controller and embedded secure element package based on the chipmaker’s PN547 controller, a teardown by iFixit of the online retail giant’s first smartphone has revealed.
- Two in five wrist-worn wearables now come with NFC
- Apple adds Ultra Wideband communications chip to iPhone 11
- Ahold Delhaize to roll out NFC shelf edge labels in supermarkets across Europe
- Apple expands 3% cashback network for Apple Card holders to Walgreens and Duane Reede stores
- NXP explains how NFC and RFID tags can be used to improve the security of blockchain-based supply chain systems