PayPal has partnered with MyOrder, the mobile ordering and payment system backed by the Netherlands’ Rabobank, to let customers “order and pay for food or drinks ahead of arriving at a cafe; to pay at the table in a restaurant without calling over the waiter, or pay for parking without searching for the closest meter”. The service is available at 1,500 physical locations, PayPal says.
- Coffee shop rolls out face-based payments in Romania
- Manchester bar to introduce finger vein biometrics for payments, age verification and Covid-19 contact tracing
- Three in four US consumers now prefer using contactless cards
- Citadele adds support for contactless payments rings
- Mercedes to secure in-car payments with biometrics
This article is more than six years old