Upmarket UK supermarket chain Waitrose is working on a new app that will use Bluetooth LE beacons to welcome customers to its stores and push promotional messages to shoppers. A mobile payments app to replace Waitrose’s existing QuickCheck self-scanning service is also under development, along with a barcode scanning option that would allow customers to read reviews and get more information about individual items.
- Patent-holding company sues Apple over NFC technologies
- Apple rolls out support for Covid-19 vaccination cards in Wallet
- Skånetrafiken enables Apple Pay Express Mode for contactless bus ticketing in southern Sweden
- Mercedes-Benz and BP pilot in-truck fuel payments in the UK
- Metrolinx adds support for debit card payments to contactless ticketing pilot in Toronto
This article is more than seven years old