250m NFC secure elements will be shipped in 2013, Eurosmart forecasts, up some 67% from the 150m units shipped in 2012 and an increase on the smart card trade body’s last estimation in November 2012. Smart secure contactless devices will also see a rise this year, from 660m units in 2012 to 895m in 2013, an increase of 36%.
- Penn State researchers develop NFC sensors that can be printed directly onto human skin
- USI to add NFC to active styluses
- Survey: 4 in 10 US consumers open to receiving offers via NFC, QR and SMS
- Huawei integrates digital yuan hardware wallets into Mate 40 NFC smartphone
- American Airlines pilots mobile digital identity system
This article is more than seven years old