Sony is demonstrating a media centre that includes NFC functionality at Mobile World Congress 2013. The Personal Content Station PCS LLS-201 enables media to be transferred from a phone to the device with one touch of an Android NFC phone. The 1TB device was unveiled at the CES in January.
- HID Global launches combo NFC and RFID tags for tracking returnable industrial containers
- NXP launches secure UWB chips for hands-free access control, payments and IoT
- University of New Mexico uses campus ID cards to combat spread of Covid-19
- Shinhan Card introduces iPhone case that lets owners use sounds to make contactless mobile payments
- Maryville University introduces NFC digital IDs
This article is more than seven years old
Keep up to date: Get NFCW's headlines by email every Wednesday