Watchdata Technologies has announced the commercial availability of SIMpass SC, an all-in-one NFC SIM solution that incorporates an NFC antenna within a SIM card form factor. The product was unveiled at the 2012 Mobile World Congress. “This allows any mobile handset to be transformed into a contactless NFC payment device by simply changing the SIM card,” the company says.
- ST explains how NFC tags with digital signatures can provide end-to-end protection against counterfeiting throughout the supply chain
- Starbucks launches NFC payment pens in Japan
- NXP unveils NFC, UWB and secure element chipset
- Two in five wrist-worn wearables now come with NFC
- Apple adds Ultra Wideband communications chip to iPhone 11