Targobank, part of the French Crédit Mutuel group, and E-Plus, Germany’s third largest mobile network operator, have announced plans to work together to test NFC payments. The partners will begin with a pilot test using MasterCard PayPass stickers that attach to users’ mobile phones from late summer 2012.
- University of Tennessee reports on NFC campus ID adoption
- HID Global launches combo NFC and RFID tags for tracking returnable industrial containers
- NXP launches secure UWB chips for hands-free access control, payments and IoT
- University of New Mexico uses campus ID cards to combat spread of Covid-19
- Shinhan Card introduces iPhone case that lets owners use sounds to make contactless mobile payments
This article is more than eight years old
Keep up to date: Get NFCW's headlines by email every Wednesday