Russian Post has signed an agreement with MasterCard to jointly develop and commercialise a range of “innovative financial products”. As a first step, 2,000 of Russian Post’s 42,000 post offices will be equipped to accept PayPass contactless payments. Pilot tests of MasterCard Mobile and MasterCard MoneySend will be conducted and the potential of NFC mobile payments will also be investigated.
- University of Tennessee reports on NFC campus ID adoption
- HID Global launches combo NFC and RFID tags for tracking returnable industrial containers
- NXP launches secure UWB chips for hands-free access control, payments and IoT
- University of New Mexico uses campus ID cards to combat spread of Covid-19
- Shinhan Card introduces iPhone case that lets owners use sounds to make contactless mobile payments
This article is more than eight years old
Keep up to date: Get NFCW's headlines by email every Wednesday