Russian Post has signed an agreement with MasterCard to jointly develop and commercialise a range of “innovative financial products”. As a first step, 2,000 of Russian Post’s 42,000 post offices will be equipped to accept PayPass contactless payments. Pilot tests of MasterCard Mobile and MasterCard MoneySend will be conducted and the potential of NFC mobile payments will also be investigated.
- Canada begins testing national digital ID framework
- EU to report on its investigation into Apple Pay next week?
- NFC testing innovator Cilab opens NFCW Expo showcase
- STMicroelectronics opens NFCW Expo showcase
- Apple rolls out iOS 14 with support for NFC app clips
This article is more than eight years old