The body that manages the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) has published a fact sheet outlining how merchants can securely accept payments using smartphones and tablets. In the document (pdf) the PCI Security Standards Council points out that “mobile devices are not necessarily designed to be secure input or storage devices for cardholder data,” and that approved card readers, PIN pads and point-to-point encryption solutions may be required.
- Xiaomi picks NXP’s mWallet 2Go to add payments to Mi Smart Band 4
- Apple to let brands and merchants use NFC tags to provide easy access to mini apps
- Apple unveils NFC car keys
- Samsung brings its rotating NFC TV to the UK and USA
- AE Solar combats solar panel counterfeiting with NFC
This article is more than eight years old