The body that manages the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) has published a fact sheet outlining how merchants can securely accept payments using smartphones and tablets. In the document (pdf) the PCI Security Standards Council points out that “mobile devices are not necessarily designed to be secure input or storage devices for cardholder data,” and that approved card readers, PIN pads and point-to-point encryption solutions may be required.
- Penn State researchers develop NFC sensors that can be printed directly onto human skin
- USI to add NFC to active styluses
- Survey: 4 in 10 US consumers open to receiving offers via NFC, QR and SMS
- Huawei integrates digital yuan hardware wallets into Mate 40 NFC smartphone
- American Airlines pilots mobile digital identity system
This article is more than eight years old