Orange plans to provide three million SIM-based NFC devices to customers based in the European Union in 2012, according to Stéphane Richard, chairman and CEO of France Telecom-Orange. That number will increase to 10m devices in 2013, Richard told the European Commission’s Neelie Kroes during a meeting in Brussels this week. Orange recently revealed it now has 500,000 customers in the UK and France equipped with an NFC phone.
- General Motors to replace car keys with face biometrics?
- ST provides brands with guidance on how best to implement NFC tags
- UK government publishes digital identity framework
- NFC Forum explores the role of NFC in mobility-as-a-service applications
- Accor to let hotel guests access their rooms with their smartphone
This article is more than eight years old