Orange plans to provide three million SIM-based NFC devices to customers based in the European Union in 2012, according to Stéphane Richard, chairman and CEO of France Telecom-Orange. That number will increase to 10m devices in 2013, Richard told the European Commission’s Neelie Kroes during a meeting in Brussels this week. Orange recently revealed it now has 500,000 customers in the UK and France equipped with an NFC phone.
- Germany to begin rollout of open national digital identity service ‘later this year’
- Croatian merchants to leverage NFC for in-store consumer reviews
- Xiaomi picks NXP’s mWallet 2Go to add payments to Mi Smart Band 4
- Apple to let brands and merchants use NFC tags to provide easy access to mini apps
- Apple unveils NFC car keys
This article is more than eight years old