A survey conducted by Auriemma Consulting Group has found that 30% of respondents would switch handsets in order to use their phones to make purchases and the figure rises to 41% amongst the under-45s. 23% of consumers would also consider switching mobile providers to get a phone with the ability to make mobile payments.
- NXP explains how NFC and RFID tags can be used to improve the security of blockchain-based supply chain systems
- Bluey Merino to use NFC tags to guarantee the authenticity of its clothing
- Google adds Secure NFC option to Android 10
- Cordless kitchens to combine NFC with wireless power to remove the need for plugs and cables
- Researchers develop stretchable NFC antennas for clothing