French banking group BNP Paribas is expanding availability of its Kix NFC mobile payment application to Strasbourg. The bank, which worked with Orange on the Cityzi NFC trial in Nice, introduced the Android app in 2011. Users can make purchases of up to €20 without a PIN, and for larger amounts which require PIN entry this can be done on the handset before getting to the point of sale — for example, while waiting in line to be served.
- MintID protects precious metals with NFC chips
- Paachn adds NFC tags to face masks
- DutchPicks integrates NFC tags into guitar picks
- Real Sociedad to add NFC tags to soccer shirts
- Transact rolls out Android NFC student IDs at 16 US universities
This article is more than eight years old