Australian NFC marketer Tapit is using the technology to promote a scratch card game for SA Lotteries. Players can enter to win A$5,000 by tapping an NFC tag or reading a QR code on smart posters on phone booths in five locations in Adelaide. The contest provides the lottery company with contact information for consumers interested in winning prizes. “This campaign highlights the benefits of yet another commercial use of NFC to build customer interaction and engagement in a simple way,” says Tapit’s Andrew Davis.
- Chinese bike hire service to let customers use an NFC digital currency wallet to pay for their ride
- French government to let citizens scan NFC eID cards to access secure online services
- ST white paper explains how brands can use NFC to add value to their products
- Apple to roll out digital driving licences and IDs in eight US states
- Prada to leverage NFC to authenticate fashion products
This article is more than nine years old