Australian NFC marketer Tapit is using the technology to promote a scratch card game for SA Lotteries. Players can enter to win A$5,000 by tapping an NFC tag or reading a QR code on smart posters on phone booths in five locations in Adelaide. The contest provides the lottery company with contact information for consumers interested in winning prizes. “This campaign highlights the benefits of yet another commercial use of NFC to build customer interaction and engagement in a simple way,” says Tapit’s Andrew Davis.
- USI to add NFC to active styluses
- Survey: 4 in 10 US consumers open to receiving offers via NFC, QR and SMS
- Huawei integrates digital yuan hardware wallets into Mate 40 NFC smartphone
- American Airlines pilots mobile digital identity system
- Xiaomi lets customers use NFC tags to control their smart home devices
This article is more than nine years old