French bank Credit Agricole is launching a contactless payment trial in Caen. The bank will provide 200 iPhone users with a phone case from Device Fidelity containing a microSD-based NFC solution. Triallists will be able to use a Visa-provided secure payment application to make purchases of up to €20 (US$27) from merchants accepting Visa contactless payments.
- NFC Forum reports on consumer attitudes and adoption trends across the world
- University of Tennessee reports on NFC campus ID adoption
- HID Global launches combo NFC and RFID tags for tracking returnable industrial containers
- NXP launches secure UWB chips for hands-free access control, payments and IoT
- University of New Mexico uses campus ID cards to combat spread of Covid-19
This article is more than eight years old
Keep up to date: Get NFCW's headlines by email every Wednesday