Samsung shipped four million NFC phones in the first eight months of this year, the GSM Association’s Nav Bains has revealed. The company had previously shipped just 100,000 NFC handsets in total. Bains, the trade association’s NFC lead, says that the technology has now reached a tipping point and that the GSMA knows of 26 commercially available handsets offering SIM-based NFC.
- Liverpool Football Club rolls out NFC ticketing for all home games
- Digital passport for thoroughbred racehorses rolls out in UK and Ireland
- Researchers unveil fabric-friendly NFC sensors that track tags, everyday objects — and people
- Canadian restaurants use NFC to track reusable food containers
- ST and Feig let manufacturers personalise whole pallets of NFC-enabled products in their packaging
This article is more than nine years old