Samsung shipped four million NFC phones in the first eight months of this year, the GSM Association’s Nav Bains has revealed. The company had previously shipped just 100,000 NFC handsets in total. Bains, the trade association’s NFC lead, says that the technology has now reached a tipping point and that the GSMA knows of 26 commercially available handsets offering SIM-based NFC.
- NFC Forum certifies Cilab for TR13.1 wireless charging testing
- ST provides insight into using NFC tags to enhance consumer experiences
- NFC Forum adds certification for NFC wireless charging
- NP Plastibell adds ultra-miniaturised ST NFC tags to pre-filled syringes
- German luggage brand leverages NFC for product authentication and customer engagement
This article is more than 10 years old