Gulf News reports further details of Etisalat’s NFC payments system, due to launch in the UAE before the end of 2011. Purchases will be limited to US$50 (AED 183), with no transaction fee for consumers and “a small fee” for merchants. 600 outlets in the Emirates are currently equipped to accept NFC payments, with a further 600 expected over the next six months. Etisalat is also in talks with the Dubai Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) to allow NFC phone users to tap their way on to public transport.
- Chinese researchers create highly flexible NFC circuits using transparent film based on calligraphy paper
- SK uses NFC to guide CES visitors to a green future
- Brazilian football club Atlético Mineiro lets fans authenticate special edition jerseys with NFC
- Huawei launches NFC and Bluetooth digital keys for electric smart car
- Swedish developers add support for digital Covid health passes to NFC chip implant
This article is more than 10 years old