Citigroup and América Móvil have created a US$50m joint venture to explore opportunities in mobile payments and banking. The venture, called Transfer, will open in Mexico before rolling out to other Latin American countries. América Móvil, Latin America’s leading wireless services provider, operates in 18 markets and has more than 225 million mobile customers.
- NFC Forum adds certification for NFC wireless charging
- NP Plastibell adds ultra-miniaturised ST NFC tags to pre-filled syringes
- German luggage brand leverages NFC for product authentication and customer engagement
- Clinique adds NFC to packaging for post-purchase customer engagement
- PayPay lets new customers verify identity with their driving licence via NFC
This article is more than 10 years old