US fuel retailer Sheetz is now accepting NFC payments via Google Wallet, according to a post on the company’s Facebook page. The retailer first installed contactless payments terminals and began issuing contactless stickers in 2009, following an early NFC payments trial.
- Cambridge Consultants combines NFC and machine vision for next generation interactive bar
- American Airlines includes NFC passport reading in mobile app
- Sheep Inc uses NFC tags to let sweater buyers trace their purchase back to the original fleece
- Merivale to let Sydney diners tap table tags to order food and drinks
- Researchers use NFC to power epidermal VR feedback patch