Revealed in May 2012, the ‘Serie’ (model number ISW16SH) from Sharp is part of the Aquos Phone series and will be the first handset in the world to support both NFC and FeliCa technologies. The Serie features a 4.6-inch display, 1.5GHz dual-core processor, NFC and FeliCa functionality and runs Android 4.0. KDDI released the device on their Au network on 28 June 2012.
- China publishes face recognition payments guidelines
- Sicilian farmers use NFC to let consumers verify the authenticity of premium blood oranges
- India requires banks to let cardholders opt in to contactless payments
- Huawei Pay expands to Pakistan
- One million Brits now use open banking