Revealed in May 2012, the ‘Serie’ (model number ISW16SH) from Sharp is part of the Aquos Phone series and will be the first handset in the world to support both NFC and FeliCa technologies. The Serie features a 4.6-inch display, 1.5GHz dual-core processor, NFC and FeliCa functionality and runs Android 4.0. KDDI released the device on their Au network on 28 June 2012.
- Eventbrite brings tap to pay to the events industry
- Biometric card pioneer backs away from payments citing lower-than-expected market uptake
- EU calls for feedback on proposed settlement with Apple over NFC chip access
- Google signs deal to take UPI beyond India
- NFC Forum spells out DPP ambitions in ebook