Apple’s updated iPhone 6s models continue to support NFC as part of Apple Pay, though there is still no sign of the technology being exposed to developers for other purposes.
- Panera Bread installs biometric palm payments devices at US bakery stores
- Apple Pay goes live in South Korea
- MTR begins open loop contactless fare payments rollout in Hong Kong
- Xiaomi files patent for technology supporting contactless QR payments on AR glasses
- Germany to issue contactless monthly passes for unlimited multi-modal travel on transport services nationwide
3 comments on this article
I’m thinking about buying a nfc smart ring but I’m not sure if it will work with my iPhone 6s, I’ve followed the steps to try to locate the nfc but it’s not there. I’ve read your articles about my phone being compatible and it says it is. Is there a way I can locate the nfc? I really really want to get the smart ring. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.
Hi! General NFC reading and writing (ie usage other than Apple Pay) only works on the iPhone 7 and up, I believe.
Since Apple has updated also the Apple 6 plus is it possible to connect this device with a bluetooth device?