mPOS provider Square could soon be launching a physical Square Cash debit card, according to Recode. The move would follow the launch of a virtual Square Cash card in December 2016 that lets users make payments using their Square Cash balance anywhere Apple Pay is accepted. “Square may end up incentivising Square Cash users to spend their money at Square brick-and-mortar merchants, since the company would make money from both sides of those transactions,” the publication reports.
- UOB lets customers use its mobile banking app to link debit and credit cards to third-party apps
- PSCU reports 70% increase in US mobile debit card transactions
- Google Pay adds bill splitting, movie bookings and scratchcard rewards in Singapore
- Strong customer authentication requirements could cost European retailers €100bn in lost sales
- Edenred adds Apple Pay for UK prepaid cardholders
This article is more than three years old