PARTNER NEWS: A service to improve women’s safety, by allowing them to recharge their prepaid mobile account at any retail outlet with a private code generated by SMS rather than their phone number, will roll out across India later this month. The Private Recharge service from mobile financial solutions firm Mahindra Comviva and wireless operator Idea Cellular aims to address “security concerns of women customers”.
- Apple leverages NFC to deliver exclusive rewards to Apple Watch gym users
- Transport for NSW reports on contactless ticketing adoption
- New York City bans cashless stores
- China publishes face recognition payments guidelines
- Sicilian farmers use NFC to let consumers verify the authenticity of premium blood oranges