PARTNER NEWS: A service to improve women’s safety, by allowing them to recharge their prepaid mobile account at any retail outlet with a private code generated by SMS rather than their phone number, will roll out across India later this month. The Private Recharge service from mobile financial solutions firm Mahindra Comviva and wireless operator Idea Cellular aims to address “security concerns of women customers”.
- Atac pilots contactless fare payments on buses in Rome
- Nigeria to let consumers use feature phones to make payments with national digital currency
- Central bank rolls out national contactless transit ticketing system in Costa Rica
- Ethiopian government adds health records to contactless cards
- RBR: More than 12,000 checkout-free contactless stores to be in operation by 2027
This article is more than five years old