PARTNER NEWS: A service to improve women’s safety, by allowing them to recharge their prepaid mobile account at any retail outlet with a private code generated by SMS rather than their phone number, will roll out across India later this month. The Private Recharge service from mobile financial solutions firm Mahindra Comviva and wireless operator Idea Cellular aims to address “security concerns of women customers”.
- Utah to pilot NFC and QR code-enabled mobile driving licences
- Patent shows how Apple Pay could automatically select a card based on the user’s location
- Turkey mandates use of NFC identity checks for remote bank account opening
- Ypsomed leverages NFC to enable remote monitoring of insulin delivery compliance
- Visa reports 1bn extra contactless transactions in Europe since payment limit rises
This article is more than four years old